1. Make your To-Do List the night before
Create a step by step schedule for you day. You don't have to follow it 100% but it helps to keep you organized.
Be reasonable about what you can accomplish in a day. Don't overwhelm yourself
2. Schedule 5-min exercise to get mentally prepared
Fitting a full workout schedule can be hard.
If you don't have the time, do a 5 minute workout or meditation session
3. Tackle most important tasks in the morning
Work on the most difficult and important projects first thing in the morning when your mind is fresh and energy levels are high.
Leave non-essential work for the end of the day.
4. Set time to check your emails
Reading and responding to emails can suck up a lot of time and takes away from getting the work done.
It is best to set certain times within the day to check your emails.
3 times a day: example: 10 am - 1pm - 6pm
5. Start your day with a 20 min reading session
Self improvement is important
To learn new skills and educate yourself, stay on top of your industry trends, news and development by reading blogs, listening to podcasts and following influencers
6. Break out your day into 1 hr 30 min working sessions to maximize productivity
Research shows that productivity drops after about 2 hours of work.
Schedule important work to be done into one and a half hour working sessions for maximum productivity.
It also helps to break out the day and provides a boost of energy
7. Acknowledge what you got done.
Review your to-do list and check off what you completed. Yay! A sense of accomplishment!